The City of Light Community Development Corporation offers dignified relief and assists in providing essential tools that improves the quality of life. Click logo above to visit website.
Our endeavor is to build up our communities by providing a place where the value of family is first and foremost revered.
The COL CDC’s retrieves its funding by way of contributions and donations. Many of our services are in-kind and offered on complimentary bases.
To set the standard for a productive future and serve the total needs of Mankind (Body, Soul, and Spirit).
The COL CDC's vision is to establish a social support network that will aide in providing assistance to those in need. The COL CDC will also intervene as a referral system to individuals and community outlets through various network and collaboration of service agencies and programs that serve our communities. Included in our goal is to institute various programs that will educate and secure healthy mental, emotional and social interactions by offering entrepreneur, basic comprehensive reading, math and computer classes.
Our goals are to provide a secure place where children can play safely and a place where self-help is promoted to encourage individuals and families to become viable citizens in our community.
- Legacy House (Mentors, Character Building, & Educational Program for “fatherless” youth)
- Medicine Intercession Program (MIP) – Assisting low-income patients without insurance
- ANACC ( A New Attitude Charm/Charisma Course)
- The King’s Closet Clothing Program (upon availability)
- The Right to Reap Food Program (upon availability)
- After-School Tutoring Assistance (reading, math, computers)
- Y.E.S (Young Entrepreneurs Society) – Program to teach youth ages 5-21 how to start a business
- Revitalizing Beauty & Beautiful Visions of Me – Self-esteem & Motivational sessions that include Facials & Makeovers (programs for women in homeless shelters)
- Community Advocate Resource Establishment (C.A.R.E) – Referral Services to assist people in need of community services
- Prostate Cancer Awareness Initiative (PCAI) – Preventative services for men
- Nutritional & Weight Loss Counseling
- Sound Mind From Depression Counseling
- Financial Mentorship for Young Adults
- Tell It Youth Public Speaking Course